The Genealogy of the Following Families:
The Simon Family of Willebadessen, Germany, and its Descendants in America
The Barcant, Krogh, d'Abadie, and Related Families of Trinidad and Tobago
The Hurd and Clark Families of Kent County, Delaware and Caroline County, Maryland
The Dolan and Carr Families of County Tyrone, Northern Ireland; County Donegal, Ireland; and America
The McGillin Families of County Tyrone, Northern Ireland and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Auld Shawn Dolan
Name Auld Shawn Dolan Born Ireland Gender Male Person ID I6495 Simon and Related Families Last Modified 9 Jun 2021
Children + 1. Patrick Dolan, b. Abt 1779, Ireland , d. 9 Aug 1869, Seegronan Townland, Killeter, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Age ~ 90 years) + 2. John Dolan, b. Bef 1784, Ireland + 3. Arthur Dolan, b. Abt 1789, d. 1 Jun 1878, Seegronan Townland, Killeter, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Age ~ 89 years) Last Modified 7 Jun 2021 Family ID F2122 Group Sheet | Family Chart
According to oral family history related by John J. Dolan (1884-1971) to Margaret Dolan Callaghan, the great-grandfather of Peter Dolan was known as "Auld Shawn" Dolan.
- According to oral family history related by John J. Dolan (1884-1971) to Margaret Dolan Callaghan, "Auld Shawn" Dolan was married 3 times. He had 6 sons and one daughter by his first wife, no children with his second wife, and another 6 sons and 1 daughter with his third wife.
- It is not known from which of these three marriages his son John Dolan (born before 1784) was born.
- According to oral family history related by John J. Dolan (1884-1971) to Margaret Dolan Callaghan, "Auld Shawn" Dolan initially owned about 4000 acres, mostly bog land, from "Aughanaho to Lettergran." His land was confiscated and given to Protestant landholders, and then the land that was not bog was rented to others. "Auld Shawn" was allowed to cut peat in the bog 6 days each year.
- There is perhaps something on the order of 4000 acres in the townlands stretching from Aghnahoo Townland in County Tyrone (northeast of Killeter and near to Killen) down to Lettercran Townland in County Donegal (southwest of Seegronan Townland). The area southwest of Seegronan Townland has significant amounts of bogland.
- A granddaughter of "Auld Shawn," Bridget Dolan, married Thomas Haughey of Lettercran Townland in County Donegal and lived there with their children.
POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL FAMILY MEMBERS:
- James Dolan identified as a possible son of Auld Shawn Dolan in family history information related to Robert Simon by Frank McCue by email on 7 June 2021.