The Genealogy of the Following Families:
The Simon Family of Willebadessen, Germany, and its Descendants in America
The Barcant, Krogh, d'Abadie, and Related Families of Trinidad and Tobago
The Hurd and Clark Families of Kent County, Delaware and Caroline County, Maryland
The Dolan and Carr Families of County Tyrone, Northern Ireland; County Donegal, Ireland; and America
The McGillin Families of County Tyrone, Northern Ireland and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
John Francis Dolan1887 -
Name John Francis Dolan Born 15 Oct 1887 New York, New York, United States Gender Male Died New York, United States Person ID I1902 Simon and Related Families | All Dolans from Seegronan Townland Last Modified 9 Feb 2020
Father William Edward Dolan, b. Abt 1863, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom , d. 3 Oct 1890, New York, New York, United States (Age ~ 27 years) Mother Bridget Mary "Delia" Haughey, b. Abt 1861, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom , d. 26 May 1925, New York, New York, United States (Age ~ 64 years) Married 9 Jan 1887 Drumquin, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom Family ID F593 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Family Mary Doran, b. 12 Oct 1887, County Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom , d. Yes, date unknown Married 18 Jan 1926 New York, New York, United States Last Modified 29 Feb 2016 Family ID F2241 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Event Map Born - 15 Oct 1887 - New York, New York, United States Married - 18 Jan 1926 - New York, New York, United States = Link to Google Earth Pin Legend : Address : Location : City/Town : County/Shire : State/Province : Country : Not Set
Documents Dolan, John Francis, Edward, William - 1901 Census of Ireland Record
1901 Census of Ireland record for John Francis, Edward, and William Dolan, living with their grandfather, Francis Haughey.
Dolan, John Francis - World War 1 Draft Registration Record Dolan, John Francis - Abstract of 1926 NYC Marriage Record Dolan, John Francis - World War 2 Draft Registration Record
- Year of birth would be 1887-1888, according to age (13 years) in 1901 Census of Ireland, County Tyrone, Clunahill District Electoral Division, Carrick Townland. Place of birth given as New York City, U.S.A. Enumerated with his grandfather, Francis Haughey, known to be the father of Bridget Haughey who married William Dolan.
- Consistent with age (19 years) in 1907 U.S. immigration record, below.
- Consistent with age (27 years) in 1915 New York State Census, A.D. 2, E.D. 2, page 23, line 47. Enumerated on 1 June 1915 as John F. Dolan, a boarder in the residence of Albert Schmid, "hotel keeper."
- Full date of birth given as 15 October 1887 in 1917 World War I Draft Registration record for John Francis Dolan. Place of birth given as New York City, New York.
- Consistent with age (38 years) in 1926 New York City marriage certificate, abstracted on familysearch.org. Name given as John Francis Dolan. Place of birth given as New York. Parents named as William Dolan and Bridget Haughey.
- Consistent with age (52 years) in 1940 U.S. Census for New York, Bronx. E.D. 3-463, Sheet 5A, Line 23. Place of birth given as New York. Enumerated as John F. Dolan, with wife Mary Dolan.
- Full date of birth given as 15 October 1887 in 1942 World War II Draft Registration Cards on familysearch.org. Place of birth given as New York City, New York.
- Full date of birth given as 15 October 1887 in March 1954 application for a Social Security Number. Place of birth given as New York City. Parents named as William Dolan and Bridget Haughey. Record in U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007, on www.ancestry.com.
- Full date of marriage given as 18 January 1926 in New York City marriage certificate, abstracted on familysearch.org. Place of marriage given as Manhattan, New York City, New York. Wife's maiden name given as Mary A. Dolan, widow, with her parents named as John (no last name) and Ellen Bouriskey. These names are close enough (could be differences in how the indexer read the handwriting) to indicate that this is the sister-in-law of John Dolan, who was married to his late brother, William.
- Wife named as Mary Dolan in 1940 U.S. Census and 1942 World War II Draft Registration Card.
Sent to Ireland to live with grandparents after the death of his father. Enumerated in 1901 Census of Ireland.
A John Dolan, age 19, traveling with his brother Edward Dolan, age 17, is listed on the manifest of the S.S. Caledonia, sailing from Londonderry, Ireland, to New York, arriving in New York on 13 May 1907. These ages would be consistent with births in 1887-1888 and 1889-1890, respectively. Both are listed as having been born in the United States. John Dolan's final destination is given as his mother, Mrs. Wm. Dolan, Bellhaven, Greenwich, Connecticut, and Edward Dolan's final destination is given as 23 West 73rd Street, New York City. Both list a previous residence in Ireland as Fermanagh, which is close to Drumquin. This information can be seen on the manifest on the Ellis Island website, http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftif2gif.exe%3FT%3D\\\\192.168.100.11\\IMAGES\\T715-0893\\T715-08930623.TIF%26S%3D.5&pID=101967010122&name=Edward%26nbsp%3BDolan&doa=May+13%2C+1907&port=Londonderry&line=0004.
- Painter (1915 New York State Census)
- Painter, Samuel McAndless & Sons, Mamaroneck, New York (1917 World War I Draft Registration Record)
- Laborer, U.S. Post Office (1940 U.S. Census)
- The 1940 U.S. Census also shows John F. Dolan as the owner of 525 Tinton Avenue, Bronx, New York City, New York, with 6 other families resident at that address as renters/lodgers, consistent with family history that his mother (who lived at the same address in 1925) owned a boarding house.
- Post Office Department, Bronx Central Annex Post Office, Bronx, New York (1942 World War II Draft Registration Card)
- 182 Mamaroneck Avenue, Mamaroneck, New York (1915 New York State Census; 1917 World War I Draft Registration Record)
- 525 Tinton Avenue, Bronx, New York City, New York (1940 U.S. Census, 1942 World War II Draft Registration Card). 1940 U.S. Census states that they were living at this address in 1935. Note that this was the same address of his mother at her death in 1925. However, the census enumeration of this address in the 1930 U.S. Census does not list any Dolan as a resident.
- Died in New York, according to handwritten notes by John J. Dolan (b. 1884).
- Still alive in March 1954 (see above note about application for a Social Security card).